Friday, July 19, 2013

Fan Q&A

1. What songs have you downloaded most recently? Some songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. What are the names of playlists on your PC or mp3 player/iPod? Exercising, Relaxing, Meditation, Sleep, Zombie Games, Russian, German, and Favorites.
3. What is your most treasured CD? Probably the autographed Joe Satriani CD my uncle got for me at his concert. By the way, he's playing in Atlanta, GA on September 15th.
4. What song are you listening to right now? "Never Gonna Come Back Down" by BT
5. What song is your ringtone? "Natural Blues" by Moby
6. What is the strangest food that you enjoy? Shark.
7. Are you an "adventurous eater"? Very.
8. What is your least favorite food? Water chestnuts.
9. What are your top 5 favorite music genres? Industrial, Darkwave, Steampunk, Celtic, and Folk Metal.
10. What is on your to-do list today? Write this, laundry, review bands, check the mail, and schedule some stuff.
11. What book are you currently reading? At the moment? My German verbs dictionary.
12. What's your favorite alcoholic drink? Pirates Party or Vulcan Mind Meld.
13. What do you eat/drink while you write during your late night sessions? Junk food and Baileys Irish Cream.
14. What is your process/routine for reviewing music? Listen to it constantly - while I work out, while I'm on the road, around the house, etc. Research the band and the work behind the album. Dissect the individual songs and look for music videos. Pick out my favorites. More research. Attempt to contact the band or singer. Obsess over the songs I will discuss by listening, rewinding, and replaying certain parts over and over and over. Write the article over a period of days while listening to it. Publish it.
15. What is your process/routine for writing? Listen to music, get inspired by art. Compile said art. Daydream. Drink a bit. Daydream more. Take a walk. Zone out. Stay up late. Write. Delete. Rewrite. Delete. Rewrite. Drink. Sleep. Wake up and read. Delete a majority and rewrite. Ignore it for a few months. Pick it back up, tweak it, and continue writing from step one.
16. What did you want to be growing up? A novelist. That's my most passionate and steadfast desire. Other things I wanted to be included an astronaut, an architect, and a stunt-woman. Then in high school, I seriously pursued criminal justice. I wanted to eventually work for INTERPOL (The International Criminal Police Organization) as a German-English translator.
17. What are 5 things most people don't know about you? I speak German, though it's still not perfect and I have a lot to learn; I know enough to live there comfortably and take care of myself. I am Scottish and German - and extremely proud of it. I love watermelon flavored things. I am obsessed with funky socks. And... I enjoy fresh notebooks/sheets of paper and newly sharpened pencils. They're so full of possibilities.
18. What is your personality type? INFJ. It's the rarest type and it means I am a bit odd.
19. What are some quirks you have? I am nocturnal, I am OCD about things that are important to me, I'm not very tidy, I hate it when other people clean (I can never find anything when they do), I have an overactive imagination, I'm a very picky eater most of the time (I get nauseated very easily), I absolutely hate ice in my drinks (unless it's water), and many other things.
20. What is your personal opinion on the Twilight movies and books? (My niece is 17 and wanted me to ask.) The writing style was easy to follow and enjoyable. The content? Hated it. At first, I was interested, but then it got a little to angsty and ridiculous for me. I am actually embarrassed to watch the movies, even alone. So, I guess you can say I pretty much hate it. Especially since the writer is so unashamedly arrogant. I can't stand her.
21. What event do you wish you could go to this year? A lot of them - M'era Luna, Lightning in a Bottle, Electric Forest, and Electric Daisy Carnival.
22. What's your favorite word? I have many. I enjoy "tandem", "penchant", and Reißverschluss (German for zipper).
23. What is your biggest pet peeve? Hearing people eat or drink. I hate it so much and have absolutely no tolerance for it (unless I have to because it's in public). It actually makes me cringe and I can't help it. I can't focus on anything else when I hear someone eat or drink.
24. What is your favorite treat? Those pineapple mango smoothies from McDonald's. I love them.
25. If you had money to burn, what would you splurge on? Books. Always books.
26. What is your favorite movie genre? If you can't pick one - top three. Top three: Science fiction, action, and fantasy.
27. What are you thinking about right now? Dying my hair, things I need to get done, how tired I am, where my mp3 player might be, and some other stuff.
28. What are three things about you that you think are unique? I hate doughnuts, my eyes change from green to hazel and back, I don't have a southern accent though I've lived in the south for quite some time now, and I have a great imagination.
29. What movie(s) do you think are overrated? Titanic.
30. What is your favorite type of food? Seafood
31. What is your favorite animal? Pandas - they consist of my favorite colors, they're fluffy, they're fun to watch, and they're endangered. I've loved them since the 2nd grade when I became aware of the World Wildlife Foundation. I had a hippie teacher in Florida that let us adopt a manatee - Howie - as a class. We even had this coconut that we passed around a circle where we had so say something nice about the person on our left when it came to us.
32. Who is your favorite singer? Male: David Bowie. Female: Eivør Pálsdóttir.
33. What is your favorite soda? Cream Soda.
34. What's your favorite color? White - it's clean, fresh, and goes with everything.
35. What is the next concert you're going to? I'll be seeing The Crüxshadows, Voltaire, Professor Elemental, and Ghost of the Robot on Memorial Day weekend. Other bands yet to be determined, plus some awesome rave DJs.
36. What's the next convention you're attending? Dragon*Con 2013
37. What's your favorite candy? Pop rocks
38. What is your birthday tradition (if you have one)? Going to the zoo.
39. What video game(s) are you currently playing? Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (3DS), The Avatar Legends (XBOX360 indie game), The Gunstringer (XBOX360), Duke Nukem Forever (PC/XBOX360) and Alice: The Madness Returns (PC).
40. What are your favorite TV shows? Doctor Who, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Destination Truth, Stargate Atlantis, Highlander, Big Bang Theory, and Psych.

Thanks for all the questions! If your question didn't make it here, don't worry - you'll get another chance! Thanks for reading and feel free to check out Ninja Fish on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment